Friday, July 8, 2011

No two greeks alike- Grilled Wrap

Just the thought of greek food gets me salivating.... I love the combination of flavours.  Salty olives and feta, humous and greens, fresh herbs and lemon....ok now I am seriously drooling.

No two greeks alike-grilled wrap.




YUM!!!

What you will need:


  • Tortilla or pita bread (I like whole grain PC blue menu)
  • Arugula greens
  • humus (Mine is homemade- I will post recipe later)
  • 1/2 vine ripened tomatoe sliced
  • cucumber peeled and sliced 
  • balsamic marinated tofu (optional)
  • kalamata olives pitted and sliced
  • Goats milk feta cheese
  • fresh or dried oregano
  • salt & peper to taste
  • squeeze of lemon
Note: I go onion free at lunch to avoid bad breath- also my homemade humus is sans-garlic too!

Directions:

lay out your wrap, spread on hummus layer handful of greens, cucumber, tomatoes, cubed tofu, olives, oregano, salt and pep, crumble your feta over top of all other ingredients, squeeze fresh lemon overtop. Wrap up your wrap, pop it on a hot grill or throw it in a panini grill. after 3 minutes slice it on the diagonal and enjoy.






The arugula gives it a spicy kick, and the protein from the tofu will give you that lasting energy you need on a friday. 

Love,
Nicole 


How to Fold your wrap: I like to fold mine like a burrito with two closed ends so I can grill it without loosing ingredients and so it can be sliced in two and eaten in two helpings. Fold right and left sides in and start rolling your wrap towards the top. I stop about half way and pull the ingredient back toward the bottom because as you roll they tend to move up/forward. Finish rolling when you get to the top and press down. Then transfer to hot pan or panini press, heat and light pressure either from the grill or from a scapula will help seal off your wrap and prevent it from opening up.  

Note: cube firm tofu and let it hang out overnight with some sea salt and balsamic in the fridge- I like a big kick of protein at lunch and usually have tofu hanging around in my fridge so if you have it or want it great- if you don't it won't detracted from the taste of the wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment